v1.3 - 12 July 2016 "Back to the Future."
Removed support for older OSes, fixed a crash bug, and dropped usage tracking.
- Dropped support for Windows Phone 8 and below.
- This version only supports Windows Phone 8.1 and above.
- Older versions of Windows Phone will still be able to download and use v1.2, but will not receive updates moving forward.
- Fixed an issue with special characters in tile names.
- This was causing the app to crash when creating the tile.
- Removed Google Analytics tracking.
v1.2 - 07 June 2014 "...or not."
Another UI redesign, and long-overdue improvements to tiles.
- The forecast display has been redesigned.
- The weather station name and map link is now above the forecast pivot.
- Each forecast element is now laid out horizontally, and their headers have been removed.
- Icons have been added for each state: hot/warm/cold/cool, clear/obscured/rain/snow, windy/still, and humid/arid.
- Live tiles have been redesigned.
- Tiles will appear the same on Windows Phone 7.5 and below, but with the new condition icons used instead.
- Windows Phone 7.8 and 8 users will now see all four pieces of forecast information on the tile: temperature, condition, humidity, and wind speed.
- The "tonight" pivot has been renamed to "today".
- This more accurately reflects the nature of the forecast information displayed there; the actual data displayed has not been changed.
- The splash screen has been removed.
- The app should take less time to launch now.
- Rewrote the city/location search function.
- As a side-effect, searching while a search is already in progress no longer crashes the app.
v1.1.1 - 11 May 2014 "Final call..."
Bug fixes and more useful error messages.
- Fixed an issue preventing Location Services from being toggled on or off.
- Fixed an issue which would cause the app to crash when the data received was invalid.
- Fine-tuned several error messages to be more informative.
v1.1 - 14 February 2014 "Rebuild it up."
Architectural improvements, and a new way of getting weather data.
- Switched from using Weather Underground's XML API to their JSON one.
- This doesn't affect functionality, though it does bring a very small reduction in data usage.
- Another side effect: the "Root element is missing" issue should no longer occur.
- Rewrote the way the app stores, handles, and retrieves settings.
- Fixed an issue involving Live Tiles for locations with "/" in their names.
v1.0 - 26 November 2013 "Window cleaning."
A cleaner while still familiar main UI.
- No Forecast Loaded: No Forecast Loaded - No Forecast Loaded. No more.
- Reduced the number of "No Forecast Loaded" messages that are displayed.
- It really doesn't need to be displayed thrice.
- Should've figured that one out earlier.
- Centred and capitalised the headers above each forecast element.
- Removed the "(Map)" link next to Station Names. Station maps can now be accessed by tapping the underlined name directly.
- Stations without a map will not have their names underlined.
- Removed the headers above the Station Name and Forecast Time labels.
- Removed the white borders around each forecast element.
v0.9.1 - 04 October 2013 "Tiles online."
Tweaks and fixes for the Live Tiles.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Live Tiles to not update on clean installations of the app.
- Changed the back of the tiles to display the last time an update was retrieved.
v0.9 - 19 July 2013 "Setting settings."
Settings UI tweaks, architectural improvements, and bug fixes.
- Added the ability to view estimated forecasts.
- These are for locations where Weather Underground has no weather station, indicated by "(Estimated)" in the station name.
- Made the buttons on the Settings page stretch to fit the entire page width.
- Changed the way in which the app handles and saves settings internally.
- Changed the Pick a Place error messages to be more friendly (though you hopefully won't have to see them.)
- Fixed an issue that would cause the keypad to appear after removing the Home Location.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the app to crash when searching for locations when on a WiFi network with browser-based login.
v0.8.1 - 24 January 2013 "The Right Time for the Right Place."
Minor changes relating to dates and time.
- Changed the way in which the app parses dates, which should make it handle different locales more easily. (Read: without crashing.)
- The app now displays time according to your device's 24-hour time preference.
v0.8 - 17 January 2013 "Fixing things."
Fixes for a crash bug, and improved crash reporting mechanisms.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the app to crash on startup. Details here.
- Improved the way the application handles and reports crashes.
v0.7 - 15 December 2012 "From the Ashes."
Higher resolution tiles, backend architectural improvements, bug fixes, and optimisations.
- Improved the resolution of Live Tiles on WP7.8 and WP8 devices.
- Fixed an issue that could cause crashes when parsing weather in certain locales.
- Removed unnecessary reference to the Coding4Fun Audio toolkit. The app should no longer advertise a Microphone requirement that it doesn't need or use. (Oops.)
- Improved the way in which Conditions are parsed and labelled.
- Reorganised and refactored large portions of the backend.
v0.6 - 23 August 2012 "Do the Dew (Point)."
What's the Dew Point? Where exactly is the Weather Station located? Wonder no more.
- Added Dew Point approximation to all forecasts.
- Added a link to view a map of the Weather Station's location, if available.
- Changed the Pick a Place icon to be more intuitive.
- Added contact and feedback links to About page.
- Various minor UI tweaks.
v0.5 - 28 July 2012 "Hello. More tiles here."
Get your current location as a tile, jump straight into Pick a Place, and know when your forecast has loaded without having to stare at the screen.
- Paid users: Added the ability to pin a Geolocation Tile to Start.
- This tile updates with the weather from the station closest to your location.
- Added the ability to pin Pick a Place to Start.
- Added haptic feedback upon loading a forecast. This can be disabled in Settings.
- Added the ability to send crash reports via email.
v0.4 - 14 July 2012 "The comma is evil."
Tile tweaking, UI improvements, and several bug fixes relating to commas.
- Paid users: Added the ability to control the frequency of Live Tile updates.
- Paid users: Updated the text on Live Tile Settings to reflect restrictions on the amount of Tiles that will be updated.
- Improved the way the UI handles the scenario where weather hasn't been loaded or is loading.
- Added missing ScrollViewers to forecasts other than "now".
- Fixed an issue that would prevent geolocation on a device using a formatting locale where "," is the decimal delimiter.
- Fixed an issue where the app would crash when parsing weather on a device using a formatting locale where "," is the decimal delimiter.
v0.3 - 06 July 2012 "Tiles, of the Live variety."
Shiny, new tiles have landed.
- Pin locations to the Start screen to jump to them quickly.
- Live Tile support (for Paid users) - get weather updates on tiles without opening the app.
- Updated the Weather Underground logo on the About page to comply with their logo guidelines.
- Updated Fourcast's logo on the main tile and phone Application List.
- Miscellaneous backend tweaks.
v0.2 - 21 June 2012
First release of Fourcast on the Windows Phone Marketplace.